● 3 pieces of cane
● Large sheet of strong paper (e.g. tissue)
● Soft pencil
● Paint and paintbrush
● Strong string
What to do:
● Dampen the cane to make flexible
● Carefully, bend the cane to desired shape then tie securely with thread
● Lay the frame on sheet of paper
● Trace around frame with pencil
● Cut covering approximately 1 cm larger than the outline
● Paint bird on covering (e.g. bowl)
● When paint is dry, place the frame on unpainted side.
● Now, fold edges of covering over the frame carefully, and glue them down.
● Cut 3 pieces of string, each 20 cm long.
● Secure one end of each string tightly to frame at the shoulders and tail of the bird.
● Then, tie the other ends in a knot.